So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Messiah. Romans 1017, TLV
Paul has a particular style of writing that I love. He takes the goal of someone calling on the LORD and turns it into a question so that the reader understands how to achieve that goal. Watch how he does this.
- Goal: For “Everyone who calls upon the name of Adonai shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13, TLV, taken from Joel 2:32 and Joel 3:5)
- How then shall they call on the One in whom they have not trusted? (Romans 10:14a, TLV)
- And how shall they trust in the One they have not heard of? (Romans 10:14b, TLV)
- And how shall they hear without someone proclaiming? (Romans 10:14c, TLV)
- And how shall they proclaim unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who proclaim good news of good things!” (Romans 10:15, TLV, taken from Isaiah 52:7 and Nahum 1:15)
As verse 16 says, not all will believe, however, we don’t who will believe, only God knows. You would be surprised at who hears and who calls and are redeemed.
So, we go out into the highways and byways — both physical and electronic — and proclaim with discernment and wisdom, especially these days.
And, by the way, let all of this be covered in love — love for the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Then, love for that person.